Recent Blog Articles
- NorCal Wine Has Moved
- 'Tis the Season to be Zinful
- New Tasting Rooms & a Grand Opening in Lodi
- How You Can Contribute to Earthquake Relief in Napa
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
Recent Wines of the Day
- 2010 Moone-Tsai Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
- 2009 Hawk and Horse Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Skinner Vineyards Estate Mourvedre, El Dorado
- 2012 Masut Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, Mendocino County
- 2010 Gallica Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
- 2011 Harney Lane Old Vine Zinfandel Lizzy James Vineyard Lodi
- 2006 Santana Supernatural Rosé by Mumm Napa
- 2011 Jekel Riesling Monterey and 2011 Jekel Pinot Noir Santa Barbara
- 2012 Matthiasson Chardonnay Linda Vista Vineyard Napa Valley
- Review from the Cellar - 2010 Qupé Mourvedre Ibarra-Young Vineyard
- 2012 Tres Sabores Rosé “Ingrid and Julia” Napa Valley
- 2011 Testarossa Pinot Noir Garys’ Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands
- 2009 Lucia Pinot Noir Garys’ Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands
- Review: 2009 Buccella Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
- 2008 Vin Roc Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak Napa Valley
- 2009 Cornerstone Cellars “The Cornerstone” Napa Valley
- 2009 Laetitia Pinot Noir Single Vineyard La Colline Arroyo Grande Valley
- 2010 Lange Twins Chardonnay Estate Grown Clarksburg AVA
- 2012 Borra Vineyards Artist Series Kerner Lodi AVA
- 2010 Wren Hop Pinot Noir “Fire Messenger” Sonoma Coast
NorCal Wine Blog
Wine Events for the Weekend, January 27 - 29
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Friday, 27 January 2012 07:18
The. 49ers. Lost. Woe is us! Normally, I don't recommend drowning one's sorrows. But, this week, I recommend drowning your sorrows. And here are about 16 great opportunities to do so. You can have whine, wine and cheese in Yountville or Paso Robles. You can feel crabby, crack crab and drink wine in Mendocino. Or you can just ZAP! yourself into happiness. It's all good.
All events listed below are in chronological order within each region. I also recommend checking the increasingly jam-packed events calendar at NorCalWine.com for future events. Some require advance reservations or ticketing. Others offer early-bird discounts.
Rosa d'Oro Winemaker Dinner at the Tallman Hotel: Saturday 28, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
A four-course Italian dinner prepared by Blue Wing Executive Chef Nick Heidemann to pair perfectly with these Italian style wines from Kelseyville.
Crab & Wine Days 2012 at McFadden — Hopland: Saturday 28 & Sunday 29, 10am - 5pm
It's crab season, so they'll serve anyone! But seriously, folks... Crab hors d'oeuvres and wine! That works for me.
Crab Cioppino Fest at BARRA of Mendocino: Saturday 28, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Roll up your sleeves, tie on your bib and get ready for a crab-crackin’ extravaganza!
Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo County
Cambria Wine and Art Festival at Chambers Gallery — Cambria: Friday 27 & Saturday 28, 01:00pm - 05:00pm
Derby Wine Estates will be pouring.
"Fine Cheese, Fine Wine" at Shale Oak Winery: Sunday 29, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Danika Reed of Vivant Fine Cheese leads you through the art of wine and cheese pairing.
Treasure Island Flea Market at The Winery SF: Saturday 28, 10:00am - 4:00pm
The famous TI flea market moves indoors to the winery. Go fashion shopping, antiquing, specialty fooding and wine tasting under one roof!
ZAP - Grand Tasting at The Concourse: Saturday, 28, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Savor the journey through the world’s largest single varietal tasting as you sample from hundreds of barrel samples, new releases and premier Zinfandels.
Be a Nut for a Day at Vino Noceto — Plymouth: Saturday 28 & Sunday 28, 11:00am - 5:00pm
This is the final weekend in which you can experience the tasting room benefits of Vino Noceto's wine club without actually being in the Nut Club.
Live Music at Garagiste Healdsburg — Healdsburg: Friday 27, 06:00pm - 07:30pm
Chris Herrod plays, you sip. Enjoy!
Chinese New Year Celebration at Downtown Wine — Healdsburg: Saturday 28, 11:00am - 9:00pm
Enjoy Dim Sum, music, red envelope gifts and more along with the wines of Branham Estate, Hobo Wine Co., Folk Machine and Banyan.
Blending Seminar with Tom Meadowcroft: Sunday 29, 2:00pm
Tom is bringing the wines, the beakers and all the proper equipment for you to create your very own blend.
Pinot Days Southern California — Santa Monica: Saturday 28, 11:00am - 5:00pm
This Grand Tasting will showcase over 125 phenomenal producers of pinot noir.
Winter Zinfandel Fest at The Wine Country: Saturday 28, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Full-bodied Zinfandels from great Zin regions of California: Dry Creek, Paso, Russian River Valley, the Sierra Foothills and more.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2012 NorCal Wine. Photo by BrokenSphere. All rights reserved.