Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
Most Read Articles
Upcoming Wine Events for September 20 - 23
- Tasting Event
- Written by Fred Swan
- Wednesday, 18 September 2013 23:05
Celebrate Grenache Day with the North Coast Rhone Rangers in Healdsburg—Friday, 3-7pm
Just 33 tickets remain for this intimate but lively celebration of Grenache at the Stark tasting room in downtown Healdsburg. Eleven wineries will be pouring various incarnations of Grenache, one of California’s most celebrated grapes these days. Look for blends and rosés as well as varietal Grenache Noir and Grenache Blanc from a range of appellations.
Tickets are just $15 in advance, a killer deal. Be sure to RSVP for the after-party when you buy your tickets too. There’ll be live music and wine for sale by the glass, but attendance is limited to just 50 people.
GET TICKETS HERE
Mount Veeder Appellation Tasting at Hess Collection Winery in Napa—Saturday, 1-4pm
The Mt. Veeder AVA is often, but undeservedly, overlooked in discussions about the best wines of Napa Valley. It’s a truly unique growing region with distinctive wines. This tasting brings together most producers of wine from the region. There will be delicious Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Syrah, Zinfandel, Malbec, Zinfandel, Albariño and more.
Los Gatos Fall Wine Walk in downtown/Old Town Los Gatos—Saturday, 1:30-5:30
Taste wines from more than 40 wineries, sample food from local restaurants and enjoy live music in lovely Los Gatos. Tickets are $40 and include a wine glass. Online sales close at 11pm on September 19 (unless the event sells out sooner).
GET TICKETS HERE
California Pinot Noir tasting at Beltramo’s in Menlo Park—Saturday, 2:30-5:30pm
Taste nine Pinot Noir some of California’s most celebrated vineyards made by very good, artisanal producers. The cost is $37. Advance tickets are not required.
Beltramo’s: 1540 El Camino Real, Menlo Park 94025
Wines currently scheduled for tasting are:
2007 Greg Linn Pinot Noir, Rim Rock Vineyard, San Luis Obispo County
2007 Arcadian Pinot Noir, Sleepy Hollow Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
2010 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Londer Vineyard, Anderson Valley
2010 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Oppenlander Vineyard, Anderson Valley
2011 Deovlet Pinot Noir Santa Barbara County
2011 Deovlet Pinot Noir, La Encantada Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
2011 Sandhi Pinot Noir, Sanford & Benedict Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
2011 Daniel Pinot Noir, Soberanes Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
2011 Daniel Pinot Noir, Sierra Mar Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.