Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
Most Read Articles
Upcoming Wine Events for September 20 - 23
- Tasting Event
- Written by Fred Swan
- Wednesday, 18 September 2013 23:05
Celebrate Grenache Day with the North Coast Rhone Rangers in Healdsburg—Friday, 3-7pm
Just 33 tickets remain for this intimate but lively celebration of Grenache at the Stark tasting room in downtown Healdsburg. Eleven wineries will be pouring various incarnations of Grenache, one of California’s most celebrated grapes these days. Look for blends and rosés as well as varietal Grenache Noir and Grenache Blanc from a range of appellations.
Tickets are just $15 in advance, a killer deal. Be sure to RSVP for the after-party when you buy your tickets too. There’ll be live music and wine for sale by the glass, but attendance is limited to just 50 people.
GET TICKETS HERE
Mount Veeder Appellation Tasting at Hess Collection Winery in Napa—Saturday, 1-4pm
The Mt. Veeder AVA is often, but undeservedly, overlooked in discussions about the best wines of Napa Valley. It’s a truly unique growing region with distinctive wines. This tasting brings together most producers of wine from the region. There will be delicious Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Syrah, Zinfandel, Malbec, Zinfandel, Albariño and more.
Los Gatos Fall Wine Walk in downtown/Old Town Los Gatos—Saturday, 1:30-5:30
Taste wines from more than 40 wineries, sample food from local restaurants and enjoy live music in lovely Los Gatos. Tickets are $40 and include a wine glass. Online sales close at 11pm on September 19 (unless the event sells out sooner).
GET TICKETS HERE
California Pinot Noir tasting at Beltramo’s in Menlo Park—Saturday, 2:30-5:30pm
Taste nine Pinot Noir some of California’s most celebrated vineyards made by very good, artisanal producers. The cost is $37. Advance tickets are not required.
Beltramo’s: 1540 El Camino Real, Menlo Park 94025
Wines currently scheduled for tasting are:
2007 Greg Linn Pinot Noir, Rim Rock Vineyard, San Luis Obispo County
2007 Arcadian Pinot Noir, Sleepy Hollow Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
2010 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Londer Vineyard, Anderson Valley
2010 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Oppenlander Vineyard, Anderson Valley
2011 Deovlet Pinot Noir Santa Barbara County
2011 Deovlet Pinot Noir, La Encantada Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
2011 Sandhi Pinot Noir, Sanford & Benedict Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
2011 Daniel Pinot Noir, Soberanes Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
2011 Daniel Pinot Noir, Sierra Mar Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.