Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- On a Vertical Tasting of Grgich-Hills Cabernet Sauvignon Yountville Selection
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- Examining 2011 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
Most Read Articles
California Wine Industry Infographic
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 07 January 2013 04:48
Designer Dana Turner worked on this infographic about California wine for One Hope Wine. It’s a neat overview. I’d make just a few additions/alterations if I could.
The 1857 founding of California’s first quality-focused, commercial winery, Buena Vista, should be on any timeline of California wine history.
I would also rephrase the section on Mondavi to say "begins movement toward production of world class wine in California."
In the section called "The Big Three," the numbers given are for Sonoma County, not Sonoma Valley.
Presented By ONEHOPE Wine Online Fifty Percent of Profits Go To Charity.
Shared here with permission.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.