Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- Comments and Analysis on the 2012 Barrel Samples at Passport to Cabernet
- On Baseball & Bubbly: Mumm Napa & San Francisco Giants Co-Brand Wine
- Balance - In the Eye of the Beholder
- Tasted—5 Rhone Variety Wines from Clos Solene
- 7 Wine Events for this Weekend, April 26 - 28
- Harlan, Dalla Valle, Bond & Other Highlights of ’13 Taste of Oakville
- The Best White Wines at Sonoma in the City 2013
- 5 Fun Wine Events for this Weekend, April 19 - 21
- California Cabernet Aging Potential - It’s Not About the Years, it’s the Character
- Tips on Buying a Wine Fridge
- The Paso Robles AVA - Too Big to File
- Fine Powder on Mount Veeder
- An "Interview" with Roger Ebert on Wine Criticism
- Enjoy Two Benefit Wine Events on April 20
- Great Wine Events for This Weekend, March 22 - 24 2013
- Buy a Nose
- Site Upgrade
- California Crushed It in 2012
- Zin Pourin' and Food Porn at ZAP Epicuria
- Kelly Fleming Winery: World-Class Cabernet Sauvignon, Timeless Beauty
Most Read Articles
California Wine Industry Infographic
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 07 January 2013 04:48
Designer Dana Turner worked on this infographic about California wine for One Hope Wine. It’s a neat overview. I’d make just a few additions/alterations if I could.
The 1857 founding of California’s first quality-focused, commercial winery, Buena Vista, should be on any timeline of California wine history.
I would also rephrase the section on Mondavi to say "begins movement toward production of world class wine in California."
In the section called "The Big Three," the numbers given are for Sonoma County, not Sonoma Valley.
Presented By ONEHOPE Wine Online Fifty Percent of Profits Go To Charity.
Shared here with permission.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.