Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
- Spotlight on the Moon Mountain District Sonoma County AVA
- Tasting the Wines of Andrew Murray Vineyards
- Mendocino Sparkles
- Discovering Mendocino
- Review: New California Wine by Jon Bonné
- 12 Things You Should Know about Sake
- Tasting Report: 14th Annual Mt. Veeder Appellation Tasting
- New Research: How Our Brains Categorize Aromas
- Upcoming Wine Events for September 20 - 23
Most Read Articles
California Wine Industry Infographic
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 07 January 2013 04:48
Designer Dana Turner worked on this infographic about California wine for One Hope Wine. It’s a neat overview. I’d make just a few additions/alterations if I could.
The 1857 founding of California’s first quality-focused, commercial winery, Buena Vista, should be on any timeline of California wine history.
I would also rephrase the section on Mondavi to say "begins movement toward production of world class wine in California."
In the section called "The Big Three," the numbers given are for Sonoma County, not Sonoma Valley.
Presented By ONEHOPE Wine Online Fifty Percent of Profits Go To Charity.
Shared here with permission.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.