Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 'Tis the Season to be Zinful
- New Tasting Rooms & a Grand Opening in Lodi
- Cinsault Good
- How You Can Contribute to Earthquake Relief in Napa
- On a Vertical Tasting of Grgich-Hills Cabernet Sauvignon Yountville Selection
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- Examining 2011 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
Most Read Articles
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 11 February 2013 09:43
NorCalWine.com has just completed an extensive version upgrade in the back-end software that runs the site. It took a bit longer than anticipated as it required rebuilding much of the template, etc. It meant that the site had to go without updates for a few days and that articles from the previous week had to be reposted a couple of times. Those of you who receive my articles by RSS will have noticed/been annoyed by mutliple emails. I apologize for that.
The new software should bring faster load times. It also fixed numerous bugs and allowed upgrades of other modules. The winery database is now fully operational again, including the searches, though the format has changed slightly.
I hope you enjoy the improvements. If you happen to notice any bugs or missing functionality though, please shoot me an email.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.