Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- Comments and Analysis on the 2012 Barrel Samples at Passport to Cabernet
- On Baseball & Bubbly: Mumm Napa & San Francisco Giants Co-Brand Wine
- Balance - In the Eye of the Beholder
- Tasted—5 Rhone Variety Wines from Clos Solene
- 7 Wine Events for this Weekend, April 26 - 28
- Harlan, Dalla Valle, Bond & Other Highlights of ’13 Taste of Oakville
- The Best White Wines at Sonoma in the City 2013
- 5 Fun Wine Events for this Weekend, April 19 - 21
- California Cabernet Aging Potential - It’s Not About the Years, it’s the Character
- Tips on Buying a Wine Fridge
- The Paso Robles AVA - Too Big to File
- Fine Powder on Mount Veeder
- An "Interview" with Roger Ebert on Wine Criticism
- Enjoy Two Benefit Wine Events on April 20
- Great Wine Events for This Weekend, March 22 - 24 2013
- Buy a Nose
- Site Upgrade
- California Crushed It in 2012
- Zin Pourin' and Food Porn at ZAP Epicuria
- Kelly Fleming Winery: World-Class Cabernet Sauvignon, Timeless Beauty
Most Read Articles
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 11 February 2013 09:43
NorCalWine.com has just completed an extensive version upgrade in the back-end software that runs the site. It took a bit longer than anticipated as it required rebuilding much of the template, etc. It meant that the site had to go without updates for a few days and that articles from the previous week had to be reposted a couple of times. Those of you who receive my articles by RSS will have noticed/been annoyed by mutliple emails. I apologize for that.
The new software should bring faster load times. It also fixed numerous bugs and allowed upgrades of other modules. The winery database is now fully operational again, including the searches, though the format has changed slightly.
I hope you enjoy the improvements. If you happen to notice any bugs or missing functionality though, please shoot me an email.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.