Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
Most Read Articles
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 11 February 2013 09:43
NorCalWine.com has just completed an extensive version upgrade in the back-end software that runs the site. It took a bit longer than anticipated as it required rebuilding much of the template, etc. It meant that the site had to go without updates for a few days and that articles from the previous week had to be reposted a couple of times. Those of you who receive my articles by RSS will have noticed/been annoyed by mutliple emails. I apologize for that.
The new software should bring faster load times. It also fixed numerous bugs and allowed upgrades of other modules. The winery database is now fully operational again, including the searches, though the format has changed slightly.
I hope you enjoy the improvements. If you happen to notice any bugs or missing functionality though, please shoot me an email.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.