Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
- Spotlight on the Moon Mountain District Sonoma County AVA
- Tasting the Wines of Andrew Murray Vineyards
- Mendocino Sparkles
- Discovering Mendocino
- Review: New California Wine by Jon Bonné
- 12 Things You Should Know about Sake
- Tasting Report: 14th Annual Mt. Veeder Appellation Tasting
- New Research: How Our Brains Categorize Aromas
- Upcoming Wine Events for September 20 - 23
Most Read Articles
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Monday, 11 February 2013 09:43
NorCalWine.com has just completed an extensive version upgrade in the back-end software that runs the site. It took a bit longer than anticipated as it required rebuilding much of the template, etc. It meant that the site had to go without updates for a few days and that articles from the previous week had to be reposted a couple of times. Those of you who receive my articles by RSS will have noticed/been annoyed by mutliple emails. I apologize for that.
The new software should bring faster load times. It also fixed numerous bugs and allowed upgrades of other modules. The winery database is now fully operational again, including the searches, though the format has changed slightly.
I hope you enjoy the improvements. If you happen to notice any bugs or missing functionality though, please shoot me an email.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. All rights reserved.