Subscribe to Blog via RSS
Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 'Tis the Season to be Zinful
- New Tasting Rooms & a Grand Opening in Lodi
- How You Can Contribute to Earthquake Relief in Napa
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
Most Read Articles
New Anderson Valley Tasting Rooms
- General Interest
- Written by Fred Swan
- Friday, 14 June 2013 17:24
Two of Anderson Valley’s top wineries are introducing brand new tasting rooms this summer.
Baxter Winery, on the region’s best producers of Pinot Noir and Syrah, has just opened a brand new tasting room in “downtown” Philo. They are open Thursday through Monday, 11am to 5pm at 8660 Highway 128, Philo CA 95466. The phone number is 707-895-3173.
Another excellent Pinot Noir producer—and one of my mandatory stops when I’m in Anderson Valley—is Phillips-Hill Winery. They have just moved their tasting room a couple of miles down the road from its previous location in downtown Philo. The new address is 5101 Highway 128, Philo CA 95466. That’s just a bit north of Greenwood Ridge and Standish wineries. The phone is 707-895-2209. They’re open daily from around 11am to 5pm.
The new Phillips-Hill tasting room is a couple miles north of downtown Philo.
Anderson Valley is off the beaten path relative to Napa Valley and Sonoma, but it’s a great place to go wine tasting. The scenery is beautiful. The pace is relaxed. There are also plenty of places to taste, including tasting rooms located at wineries and the standalone rooms in towns such as Philo. Do yourself a favor and pay Anderson Valley a visit.
Follow NorCalWine on Twitter for breaking wine news, information on events and more. Become a fan and join the NorCal Wine community on Facebook. Also check out our comprehensive Northern California winery listings. They are very useful for planning a tasting trip or just getting in touch with a winery.
This article is original to NorCalWine.com. Copyright 2013 NorCal Wine. Photo: Phillips-Hill. All rights reserved.