Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- Tasting "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
Resonance Vineyard Sold to Maison Louis Jadot
- Winery News
- Written by Fred Swan
- Thursday, 22 August 2013 00:36
Resonance Vineyard is in Oregon's Willamette Valley, not northern California. But it's a vineyard of significance and it's sale to Maison Louis Jadot is a stunner as Jadot has no other properties outside of Burgundy. I've enjoyed several wines made from the vineyard by Sineann. I'm not sure what this sale means for the future of Sineann's Resonance program.
The following is from Resonance Vineyard's news release:
Carlton, Oregon - August 21, 2013 - CEO Pierre Henry Gagey, announced Maison Louis Jadot has purchased Resonance Vineyard in Oregon's Willamette Valley. The 20-acre Resonance Vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA was first planted to Pinot Noir in 1981. Gagey stated, "This is the first time that Jadot will produce wine outside of Burgundy."
Photo: Doreen Wynjia, Eye of the Lady, McMinnville OR
Jacques Lardiere, former winemaker at Louis Jadot, will be responsible for all aspects of cultivation, vinification and aging of the wines, starting with the 2013 harvest. Maison Louis Jadot will initially use the Trisaetum Winery facilities near Newberg, Oregon for winemaking services.
Carla and Kevin Chambers, Resonance Vineyard's owners and managers for the past 24 years, said, "We are honored to pass the baton of stewardship to Maison Louis Jadot." Adding that, "We believe the Jadot team will build upon our success." Wines from Resonance Vineyard fruit have been among the most celebrated Oregon Pinot Noirs for the past couple decades.
Robert Nicholson of International Wine Associates, Healdsburg, California initiated this transaction on behalf of Resonance Vineyard with Maison Louis Jadot and served as advisor to the Chambers. Peter Bouman of Oregon Wine Country Properties served as the Oregon real estate broker for the transaction.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.