Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 'Tis the Season to be Zinful
- New Tasting Rooms & a Grand Opening in Lodi
- How You Can Contribute to Earthquake Relief in Napa
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
Train to Produce Wine
- Written by Fred Swan
- Thursday, 23 June 2011 22:10
The musical group Train has announced that it will be offering "Drops of Jupiter" Petite Sirah.
The wine, to be produced by San Francisco Wine Co. will be sold online, to fan club members and to astronomy fanatics who don't own radios. The group already has a wine club. To their credit, Train says a third of the profits from sales of the new wine will go to Family House, a San Francisco charity.
It seems that more and more musicians are jumping the wine... train. Let's just hope Bret Michaels doesn't get involved. The world doesn't need a Poison wine...For more on the Train wine, chug on over to Billboard.com.