Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- Tasting "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
Train to Produce Wine
- Written by Fred Swan
- Thursday, 23 June 2011 22:10
The musical group Train has announced that it will be offering "Drops of Jupiter" Petite Sirah.
The wine, to be produced by San Francisco Wine Co. will be sold online, to fan club members and to astronomy fanatics who don't own radios. The group already has a wine club. To their credit, Train says a third of the profits from sales of the new wine will go to Family House, a San Francisco charity.
It seems that more and more musicians are jumping the wine... train. Let's just hope Bret Michaels doesn't get involved. The world doesn't need a Poison wine...For more on the Train wine, chug on over to Billboard.com.