Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
La Follette Wines Launches Friday Night Music Series
- Written by Fred Swan
- Tuesday, 30 July 2013 20:04
Local Bands To Play at La Follette Tasting Room at The Barlow in Sebastopol
Sebastopol, CA (July 29, 2013) – La Follette Wines is adding to the attraction of its new tasting room at The Barlow in Sebastopol with the launch this summer of the La Follette Friday Night Music Series. Through the end of August, the La Follette tasting room at The Barlow will feature local bands on Friday evenings.
The Barlow Center, Sebastopol. Photo: The Barlow
Bill Stratton will play the La Follette tasting room Friday, August 2, followed by Ricky Alan Ray on August 9. The two bands will alternate on Friday nights through August 30. La Follette’s small-lot, single-vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs will be poured by the glass and paired with the tasting room’s signature flavored popcorn. The performances run from 6pm to 8pm every Friday. There is no charge for admission.
Bill Stratton’s acoustic repertoire includes folk, rock, blues, pop and even old jazz. Ricky Alan Ray, a wine country resident for more than 20 years, is originally from North Carolina and plays a lively mix of blues, jazz, pop blues and country.
La Follette Wines at The Barlow is located at 180 Morris St., Sebastopol, CA 95472 and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The telephone number is 707-827-4933. Additional information on La Follette Wines is available at www.lafollettewines.com.