Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
- More Thoughts on Blind vs. Non-Blind Tasting
- A Great Tasting on Balance
- How Critics Taste Wines - On Blind Tasting
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
Tickets remain for Sunday's West of West Wine Tasting
- Written by Fred Swan
- Tuesday, 30 July 2013 21:44
3rd Annual West of West Wine Festival 2013 showcases acclaimed West Sonoma Coast wines in weekend long event at The Barlow facility in Sebastapol.
40 top producers and growers will host the trade and public to a two-day event of wine tasting, seminars, and award-winning cuisine August 2-4, 2013
(Sebastopol, CA) – The West Sonoma Coast Vintners, an association formed in 2011 to highlight the distinguished wines crafted from grapes grown on the coastline of West Sonoma County, has released its complete schedule for the 2013 West of West (WOW) Wine Festival this August 2-‐4, 2013. New this year, the event will be held at The Barlow facility in Sebastopol, a short one hour drive from San Francisco. Tickets are now available for this special weekend offering both wine lovers and the wine trade an insider taste of some of the most acclaimed cool-‐climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah wines produced today.
The weekend will kick-‐off on Friday, August 2 with a series of intimate Winemaker Welcome Dinners hosted by select vintners at an assortment of stunning locations. Each dinner will feature the winery portfolio thoughtfully paired with cuisine from West Sonoma.
Saturday’s full schedule at The Barlow begins with two morning seminars led by esteemed writers and vintners including Lee Martinelli, Martinelli Winery; Jon Bonne, San Francisco Chronicle; Jordan MacKay, San Francisco Magazine and Andrea Immer Robinson, MS best-‐ selling author, winner of Best Sommelier in US and three James Beard awards. Attendees will have a break to enjoy foods from a special Mexican/Southwest inspired menu, using ingredients from Rocker Oysterfellers and West Sonoma Coast’s famed duck purveyor Liberty Duck.
On Saturday afternoon, the Grand Tasting will commence at 3p.m. with more than 40 producers and growers from the extreme West Sonoma Coast giving guests an opportunity to sample rare and hard to find wines that grace some of America’s top wine lists. Complimenting the wines will be foods from top local purveyors such as Hog Island Oysters, Boccalone Salami, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co., Liberty Duck, Olio Olive oil, Rocker Oysterfellers, Trois Cochon Pates, Village Bakery and Taylor Made Coffee.
A pre-‐dinner reception on Saturday will feature white and rose wines from the West Sonoma Coast and local oysters from Hog Island Oyster Company. Guests will relish in a “Low Country” seafood dinner prepared by James Beard finalist Steven Satterfield of the famed Miller Union Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. Special bottlings of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay will be supplied by members of the West Sonoma Coast Vintners and guests are welcome to bring a choice from their cellar to share.
On Sunday, guests are welcome to attend vineyard tours held at select wineries around the West Sonoma Coast. Learn about the extreme growing conditions, clonal selection or just take in a typical morning in this beautiful region. The weekend closes with a Grand Tasting at The Barlow from 1 – 4pm.
Thirteen Sommeliers will be on hand throughout the event, joining WOW from esteemed restaurants across the country such as 11 Madison Park & Grammery Tavern, NYC; Sepia, Chicago; Michael Mina & Bellagio, Las Vegas; Blue Duck Tavern & Charlie Palmer Steak, Washington DC, McCrady’s, Charleston and many more.