Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- Tasting "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
Araujo Estate Wine Dinner
- Written by Fred Swan
- Friday, 02 August 2013 19:38
Araujo Estate, one of Napa Valley’s most lauded wineries was just purchased by the owner of Bordeaux’ Chateau Latour. The move came as a surprise to many—the offer was even a surprise to Bart and Daphne Araujo. Because Araujo wines are pricey and production is on the low side, few people have had a chance to taste them and may have a hard time understanding what the fuss is about.
Coincidentally, Spruce restaurant in San Francisco has an Araujo Estate Wine Dinner coming up on Monday, August 12. It’s far from cheap. But, for about the price of a single bottle of Araujo you can get a full dinner and taste six of their wines.
From Spruce's promo email:
The Araujo Estate is located in northeast Napa Valley, just east of Calistoga. The primary component of the Araujo Estate is the famed 38-acre Eisele Vineyard. Established more than 120 years ago, the Eisele Vineyard is one of the most respected cabernet sauvignon vineyards in the Napa Valley, equivalent to a premier cru Bordeaux. When Bart and Daphne Araujo acquired the property in 1990, they performed extensive renovations, created a new winery and caves, and refined the varietal mix in the vineyard to realize the property’s true potential. Please join us for a special dinner featuring four wines from the Eisele Vineyard and the introduction of a new wine from Araujo, the Alianza cabernet sauvignon. Six wines will be paired with a specially crafted menu by Chefs Mark Sullivan and John Madriaga.
MENU and WINE
Sea Scallop Crudo
Summer Stone Fruit, Pistachio Vinaigrette
Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley 2012
Roasted Liberty Farms Duck Breast
Squash Farci, Black Truffle Jus
Cabernet Sauvignon, Altagracia, Napa Valley 2010
Cabernet Sauvignon, Alianza, Napa Valley 2010
Potato Pavé, Rainbow Chard, Bordelaise
Cabernet Sauvignon, Eisele Vineyard, Napa Valley 2005
Cabernet Sauvignon, Eisele Vineyard, Napa Valley 2009
Syrah, Eisele Vineyard, Napa Valley 2009
The price of this experience is $250, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Please call Spruce at 415 931 5100 to reserve.