Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- 'Tis the Season to be Zinful
- New Tasting Rooms & a Grand Opening in Lodi
- Cinsault Good
- How You Can Contribute to Earthquake Relief in Napa
- On a Vertical Tasting of Grgich-Hills Cabernet Sauvignon Yountville Selection
- A Tale of Two Conferences
- Cats and Dogs Blogging Together
- Getting the Wine Bloggers Conference We Deserve
- New White Wines and Rosés from Rutherford's Day in the Dust
- Examining 2011 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6 More California Rhone Wines to Try at Rhone Rangers
- Lodi Zinfandel Goes Native
- Study: Researchers Discover New Taste
- He Wasn't Talking To You, Mr. Outrage
- 16 North Coast Rhones to Try and a Toothsome #WineChat
- How Many Wines do Critics Taste per Day?
- Howell Mountain Spring Tasting Wrap Up
- Of Tasting Notes and Photographs
- Rhone Rangers Tastings and Rhone-Variety Wines Tasted
- How Critics Taste Wines - Glassware
Art & Wine: Tasting With the North Coast Rhone Rangers
- Written by Fred Swan
- Thursday, 22 August 2013 21:07
Members of the North Coast Chapter of the Rhone Rangers are joining together to offer wine afficiandos a chance to taste Rhone wines from 15 wineries.
The event is from 3-7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27 at the Napa Valley Museum in Yountville.
Taste Through Rhone wines, Red, White, & Rosé
This is your chance to taste wines from a wide range of wineries, from veteran icons to new and emerging wineries that make very small productions and 100 case lots.
Wineries include: Anaba, Maclaren, Cornerstone, Two Shepherds, Meyer Family Vineyards, Ridge Vineyards, Kale, Kieran Robinson, Wesley Ashely, Carica, Euclid, Truchard Vineyards, Petrichor, Donelan Family Wines and Campovida.
Taste multiple wines from 15 producers for less than the price of most Napa tasting rooms, $20 in advance. ($25 at the door.)
Enjoy Art, Cheese, Wine & More
Enjoy art on display from the Napa Valley Museum, sample cheese from Oxbow. Other artisans in the works.
Have a Date With The Devil
The tasting will be held in the Museum’s main gallery where visitors will be surrounded by Date with the Devil, a juried exhibition of new work by 19 regional artists based on the legend of Faust, the man who sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for riches, power, youth and wisdom. Date with the Devil reminds us that who we are is ultimately defined by the choices we make. Also on display are 26 devil-inspired prints by late Calistoga artist Earl Thollander. The History Gallery on the first floor will also be open free of charge. All galleries are free of charge.
Have Fun, Compare, & Vote For Your Favorite
Similar to our smash hit Grenache Day and Rosé tastings - attendees get a clipboard of information with detailed notes on each wine, and walk around to interact with each winery.
Attendees will have a chance to vote for their favorite wines. Help pick the top wine of the day!
Details on the event and wines willH be updated shortly.
Participating Wineries Include: (more detail to follow soon)
- Two Shepherds
- Meyer Family Vineyards
- Ridge Vineyards
- Kale Wines
- Kieran Robinson
- Wesley Ashely
- Carica Wines
- Truchard Vineyards
- Anaba (new add!)
- Donelan Family Wines (new add!)