Search for Events
Recent Blog Articles
- On "Unexpected Napa Valley Wines"
- Robert Parker's Advice to Wine Writers
- Biodynamic Cabernet of Grace from Wise Acre Vineyards
- Back Labels I Can Get Behind
- Napa Valley Premiere - Competitive Juices Yield Record Prices
- Robert Parker Scores and Misses
- 18 Delicious Zinfandels You Need to Try at ZAP
- Awesome Sauvignon Blanc in Santa Ynez Valley
- It's Not Too Late! Downloadable Gifts for Wine Lovers
- 4 Great Gifts for Wine Collectors
- Recapping an Epic Tasting of 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon
- A Blow to the Stomach - SF Chronicle to End Standalone Food Section?
- New Pinot Noir and Cabernet Releases from Sojourn Cellars
- Fervor versus Flavors
- Update: Missing Articles on NorCalWine
- Thoughts on the Inaugural Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak AVA Tasting
- Body Count - On Describing the Body of Wine
- Lateral Moves North
- Enjoy an Epic Tasting of 1968 Napa Valley Cabernets and Other Upcoming Events
- Charles Banks Acquires Historic Qupé Winery In the Santa Maria Valley Appellation
Art & Wine: Tasting With the North Coast Rhone Rangers
- Written by Fred Swan
- Thursday, 22 August 2013 21:07
Members of the North Coast Chapter of the Rhone Rangers are joining together to offer wine afficiandos a chance to taste Rhone wines from 15 wineries.
The event is from 3-7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27 at the Napa Valley Museum in Yountville.
Taste Through Rhone wines, Red, White, & Rosé
This is your chance to taste wines from a wide range of wineries, from veteran icons to new and emerging wineries that make very small productions and 100 case lots.
Wineries include: Anaba, Maclaren, Cornerstone, Two Shepherds, Meyer Family Vineyards, Ridge Vineyards, Kale, Kieran Robinson, Wesley Ashely, Carica, Euclid, Truchard Vineyards, Petrichor, Donelan Family Wines and Campovida.
Taste multiple wines from 15 producers for less than the price of most Napa tasting rooms, $20 in advance. ($25 at the door.)
Enjoy Art, Cheese, Wine & More
Enjoy art on display from the Napa Valley Museum, sample cheese from Oxbow. Other artisans in the works.
Have a Date With The Devil
The tasting will be held in the Museum’s main gallery where visitors will be surrounded by Date with the Devil, a juried exhibition of new work by 19 regional artists based on the legend of Faust, the man who sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for riches, power, youth and wisdom. Date with the Devil reminds us that who we are is ultimately defined by the choices we make. Also on display are 26 devil-inspired prints by late Calistoga artist Earl Thollander. The History Gallery on the first floor will also be open free of charge. All galleries are free of charge.
Have Fun, Compare, & Vote For Your Favorite
Similar to our smash hit Grenache Day and Rosé tastings - attendees get a clipboard of information with detailed notes on each wine, and walk around to interact with each winery.
Attendees will have a chance to vote for their favorite wines. Help pick the top wine of the day!
Details on the event and wines willH be updated shortly.
Participating Wineries Include: (more detail to follow soon)
- Two Shepherds
- Meyer Family Vineyards
- Ridge Vineyards
- Kale Wines
- Kieran Robinson
- Wesley Ashely
- Carica Wines
- Truchard Vineyards
- Anaba (new add!)
- Donelan Family Wines (new add!)